Friday 1 March 2013

Is it March already?! ARe you sUrE!?

Hey all

So I would just like to ask you all something...... ok who stole the first two months without me even realising? (yep, I am chuckling at this point!).

I came downstairs this morning, and my partner, had changed the calendars to March, and it suddenly struck me at how odd it seemed that we have already used up two months of our 2013 already. Now I don't know about you guys, but I really do feel like someone is stealing our time!!

I guess it's because there is a mammoth amount of tasks that I would like to achieve this year, that it seems almost insane that I now only have 10 months to complete my mental list now rather than 12. I tell ya,  I must be having fun if time is going quicker, lets face it I am still flummoxed at the thought that I will be 32 this year, that just seems far too odd because of course I still feel in my mid twenties, and anyone who knows me will say that I look it too.

I went self employed on the 1st of January this year, and this is a major thing for me, because I had been contemplating it for a while (yep years) so to finally bite that bullet and register is quite remarkable that I had the confidence to do this. I am not a confident person in the slightest. I doubt pretty much everything I do (even if only inwardly most of the time) and I certainly don't see myself as this amazingly creative person, where people will want to purchase my work. However, I have lovely little idea's in my head, and eventually once I am finishing setting up, I will be hopefully producing some stuff to put out there. I enjoy art so very much, and it's just one of the things that makes me feel like I am a million miles away on some peaceful and tranquil island, just chillin' as they say. Where does your creativeness send you? I would love to hear some of your thoughts and aspirations for sure.

The setting up is almost there, aside of the website, which can be worked on and art can then be produced. My main setting up is down to accounts etc I cant have any letters after my name, but I can say that I have studied my AAT to Technician Level and passed the foundation and intermediate years. I am going to be doing my own accounts and such like and I am one pedantic person when it comes to getting things correct or as near to that as I can, and again that is down to confidence.

Having never done this self employed malarkey before, I am finding it interesting to adjust to, but I think I like it. My full time job is being a mother to our son, and and housewife (well nearly married) to my partner, who is amazingly supportive of me doing this. So my part-time job is this self employment, on top of the full time job I mentioned above. I can only manage to fit  ( or squeeze if you will) in 10 hours a week at the moment. I am loving the challenge, and I am feeling more like "Abi" as well as being "Mummy", so the confidence I believe will come in time.

I guess this post is mainly to say bear with me, I know it looks like I am doing nothing because I am not producing any art at the moment, but the prep work takes longer due to other reasons, but all good ones! In the meantime, please do enjoy my art for family and friends & also my poems. There is only a limited amount of work there from when I was at college, as a breakdown in communications led to a lot of my work being destroyed, so rebuilding a portfolio will take longer!

Please do share some of your stories / memories of starting up, as I love to hear the background to some wonderful artists I witness now!

Many Thanks for your time.  :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment